10.02.2011

BIRTHDAYS!

We have ALL celebrated a birthday (since I've last blogged) so here's the re-cap of all the excitement!
Way back in May, was our favorite man's special day...
He is so great!
Chase & Molly were so excited to celebrate.
This was the beginning of asking"is it my birthday yet?" I heard it a lot.
The end of August was mine...
Molly was so cute- she was seriously bursting with excitement. My favorite thing about my day was just seeing how excited my children were. My family & friends are so sweet to me. I felt so loved and had a great day.
Then came September...
Chase turned
FIVE!
The day started with the traditional Breakfast in Bed...
this year he chose to have a Mickey Mouse pancake with legs. What??? I was a little worried about this- I can make a pancake but David is our pro breakfast maker and he would be at work. It turned out looking like a bear- but I think the mini chocolate chips and transformer stickers were a good distraction...

He was excited for his BALLOONS!
When David came home from work we headed up to Grandma & Grandpa's house for the long weekend. We surprised Chase by going out to pizza with everyone. It was a lot of fun to celebrate with lot's of family around...
He recieved lot's of fun new toys... including a skate board!
The next day we kept the fun going by having a big family picnic up at Silver Creek Falls Park. It had been a long time since we've made it up there, even though it's only around 20 minutes from my parents house. It's a beautiful place and we had a great day there...

(the line up of cousins... missing 9 of them)
We enjoyed walking around one of the main waterfalls- the path goes behind it and it's pretty cool to feel the mist from the falling water. The kids all had fun checking out the little caves in the rocks.
Happy Happy Birthday Chase!
He is the biggest sweetheart and so funny too.
I can't believe he is 5 already- I love being his mom!
Molly's birthday came at the end of September...
Counting down the days
Breakfast in bed= a Mickey Mouse pancake with sprinkles and another that looked like an ice-cream cone made with bananas. I showed her a picture of the idea so we could do something other than the Mickey Mouse pancakes... that idea backfired when she told me she wanted both. Her drink choice was sparkling pink lemon-aid (from Trader Joe's)
She loved eating in her bed!
She took her time and made it last- I think it was close to an hour by the time she was done. She would take a few bites then look at the 'my little pony' stickers she got (she calls them 'pony tail stickers'), put on some of her new lip gloss or look at her cards again, then eat a few more bites.
While Molly was sleeping David & I hung balloons from her ceiling for her to wake up to.She kept looking up at them saying "it's so beautiful!"
Presents... She wanted a backpack so bad. Her Nana gave her it and she loves it... seriously loves it- she wore it everywhere for 2 days straight along with her new helmet.
This girl is just awesome... she's sweet, silly, crazy, she's whatever she wants to be... she's stubborn, but I love that she knows what she wants and goes after it... I'm so glad she's gotten better at saying please though!
:)

5 comments:

amber schmidt said...

That is such a fun tradition and waking up to balloons... cute idea! :)

Michelle said...

So glad to see a new post! Happy Birthday to you all! Molly is so stinkin cute!!

Ami Paulsen said...

Happy birthday, Smiths!!!! What a cute family you have!

Kent/Sue Adams said...

Hey- Good Job blogging! I love Molly's room and breakfast! You are a great mom! Chase's birthday makes me miss Silver Falls and Oregon! Your family is so cute!

J said...

Oh, you are the best mother ever. What fun birthdays!!!