11.14.2011

Happy Halloween

Pumpkins...
We went to the pumpkin patch on a preschool field trip and Chase and Molly picked out their perfect pumpkins. Sadly, Chase's pumpkin didn't make it to carving day- it rotted :(
So on Halloween day (yes, we didn't get around to carving until the actual day of Halloween, but we did it none the less) we went all around town searching for another pumpkin. There were none to be found at any of the stores we tried, the farmers market only had white ones left... I tried to talk those up as being really cool, but I could tell Chase wasn't thrilled when he agreed to get one... so we headed out to the field to look (I should have gone there first instead of trying for a quick store purchase). The pumpkin patch was really bare and every time we thought we found a suitable one, it was rotten or smashed on part of it. After about 15 minutes of wandering around the field, we were about to give up when Chase found one! I was so relieved... It might sound silly being worried about a pumpkin- but I love how excited my children get over our little traditions we do as a family. It was so sweet to hear Chase say how much he loved this new pumpkin, with it's crooked handle-like stem.

Chase was a little hesitant to touch the insides, but once he did he got right to work cleaning his pumpkin out.

Molly loved getting her hands messy and I even caught her eating bites out of her pumpkin top... have I mentioned she likes food?



Costumes:
Molly knew exactly what she wanted to be for Halloween all on her own. I don't know where the idea came from but she was set on it... she would say "a nernaid, so I can swim in Finn's pool." Then she would say "Like this" and do a little body wiggle. It was really cute- especially how mermaid sounded like nernaid. We got the mermaid part of her wish, but didn't get to California to swim in Uncle Finn's pool.
Chase had some silly ideas of what to be... a meatball, a light switch, random things that he thought were really funny to suggest. Instead we found a cool ninja costume.
The Ninja and The Nernaid

Now if I could just stop myself from eating all their candy!

5 comments:

Kent/Sue Adams said...

Your Family is so cute! I love mollys costume you did such a great job on it. They look so happy carving the pumpkins!

Michelle said...

You should have made a meatball costume, that would have been awesome!! Glad you found another pumpkin. Your kiddos are super cute in their costumes!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Nernaid costume!! So cute. And being a Ninja is such a boy costume! Kobe (my oldest) was a Ninja for 4 straight years in a row!

J said...

aww, they are so cute.

Lisa Marie said...

Oh my goodness! So cute & so big!! I would have loved to see Chase in a light switch costume, but the ninja's pretty awesome too :)